Flexible Film & Bag Division (FFBD)
Chairman: MidSouth Extrusion
SPI Staff Liaison: Patty Long
The SPI Flexible Film and Bag Division (FFBD) is a membership division made up of company representatives from the resin, machinery and processor segments of the plastics industry engaged in the manufacture of flexible film and bags.
The Flexible Film and Bag Division brings together company representatives to:
- Discuss and exchange knowledge on new technology, resin innovations and packaging trends that impact the flexible film and bag industry.
- Provide networking opportunities throughout the year for companies who process flexible film or sell resin, additives and equipment for the manufacture of flexible film and bags.
- Act as a clearinghouse for information on advocacy efforts related to flexible film recycling, material de-selection and state and local bag bans and tax initiatives.
- Host a quarterly webinar series by IHS on global trends in the ethylene and polyethylene market.
- Host an annual conference that brings together members and non-members from all segments of the industry for updates on technical issues, advocacy, resin pricing trends and economic updates.
Committee members include:
Current Board Members:
Committee Chair: Mid South Extrusion
Vice Chair: CMD Corporation
Other Committee Members Include
FFBD Conference 2013
Plastic Bag Warning Label Requirements