SPI Safety Statistics and Awards Program
The Safety Statistics and Awards Program (SSA) is a way to gather more information on safety in the industry and to recognize facilities that have achieved a high level of safety performance. Awards are based on data reported on a company's annual OSHA 300 Log of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses.
"The award serves as a proud visual recognition for our employees of our facilities accomplishments in safety." - B.C. Kennedy, EHS Coordinator, Berry Plastics Corporation.
What’s required to submit?
- Completed submission
- Copy of the facility’s OSHA 300 and 300A forms
The submission cycle for 2012 Safety Statistics and Awards Program closed Feb. 15th 2013.
- Gold Distinguished Safety Awards recognize worksites with no occupational injuries or illnesses, as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), during the calendar year 2012.
- Silver Achievement Safety Awards are presented to worksites with no OSHA recordable occupational injuries or illnesses involving lost workdays or restricted work activity during the calendar year 2012.
- Bronze Special Recognition Awards are presented to those worksites with safety performance for 2012 that is 20 percent better than the national Total Recordable Cases (TRC) average for their North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code.
SPI Congratulates the 2012 Safety Award Winners!
- Airpark Plastics
- American Maplan Corporation
- Asheville Thermoform Plastics
- Berry Plastics Corporation (16)*
- Boyd Coating Research
- CDM Corporation
- Commodore Plastics, LLC
- CPI - Compressor Products International
- Dart Container Corporation (11)*
- Dynamic Conveyor Corporation
- Formed Plastics, Inc.
- G.F. Goodman & Son, Inc.
- High-Technology Corporation
- Hilex Poly Co. LLC (10)*
- Jarden Plastics Solutions (2)*
- Key Packaging Co., Inc.
- LaRos Equipment Company, Inc.
- LyondellBasell (7)*
- MarChem Corporation (3)*
- Micro Mold Co., Inc.
- Milliken & Company
- Nypro (10)*
- Pelletizer Knives
- Petoskey Plastics
- Pitt Plastics (2)*
- Plastic Ingenuity, Inc.
- Plastic Molding Technology
- Plastikos, Inc.
- PolyOne Corporation (7)*
- Prestige Mold, Inc.
- Repsco, Inc.
- RJG, Inc.
- Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (15)*
- Saint-Gobain Solar Gard
- Sabert Corp Manufacturing Plant
- Steinwall, Inc.
- Team 1 Plastics, Inc.
- Techmer PM
- Tupperware US Inc.
* Number of facilities receiving an award
"We highly value these awards. This is a means of recognition in our industry where we are measured against similar operations." - Matthew Caruso, Techmer PM
Katie Masterson, Program Manager, Industry Affairs – Equipment Council – firstname.lastname@example.org