EHS+ Committee Meeting
- Date: February 28 - March 1, 2017
- Held At: Printpack, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia
Time flies, so don't miss your chance to register for this invaluable event! Whether addressing proposed regulations or sharing best practices, the EHS+ Committee meetings bring together environmental, health, safety and product regulatory professionals across all segments of the plastics industry. Printpack will host the first meeting of 2017, which will include sessions of the Environmental Issues, Worker Health and Safety, and Product Regulatory Task Groups. Attendees will hear the latest on regulatory issues, network with industry peers, engage with guest speakers and more.
EHS+ Committee meetings offer in-person and web meeting participation, are fee-free, and are a benefit only available to PLASTICS members. No prior participation or additional membership is required.
For more information, contact:
Senior Technical Director - Environment, Health & Safety
email@example.com | (202) 974-5330
This meeting's programming will include:
- EPA and OSHA
New administration, what's in store and new opportunities to engage.
- Environmental Issues
Title V operating permits, risk management plans, Toxics Release Inventory (TRI).
Pollution prevention, operational risks and product opportunities.
- Worker Health and Safety
Lockout/tagout (LOTO), electrical safety, walking-working surfaces and personal fall protection, leading indicators of safety.
- Product Regulatory
Chemicals management, amended Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), California Proposition 65, EU REACH, confidential business information, hazard communication.
Chemical prioritization and evaluation, fees and more with the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA).
EHS – from the incoming administration to the next generation.
- EPA and OSHA
The EHS+ Committee thanks Printpack for hosting the first meeting of 2017, which will include sessions of the Environmental Issues, Worker Health and Safety, and Product Regulatory Task Groups. These offer opportunities for attendees to hear the latest on regulatory issues, network with industry peers, engage with guest speakers and more.
The EHS+ Committee thanks Braskem America for hosting the last meeting. Agenda highlights included:
- An OSHA proposal that would significantly change the lockout/tagout (LOTO) standard, and how industry can weigh in
- EPA’s progress on rulemakings for the amended Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) and potential impacts to manufacturers and processors alike
- EPA proposals concerning the Clean Air Act, affecting operating permits issued under Title V and risk management plans
This event is being held at Printpack, Inc, 2800 Overlook Pkwy, Atlanta, GA
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) to Printpack is approximately 21 miles and 30 minutes via car. Ground transportation includes shuttle and rental options.
Members attending in person may wish to stay at one of these nearby hotels:
- Hotel Indigo Atlanta – Vinings (0.3) mi
- Hampton Inn Atlanta-Cumberland (0.8 mi) – ask for Printpack rate
- Extended Stay America – Atlanta – Vinings (1 mi)
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings (1.1 mi) – ask for Printpack rate
- Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria (1.2 mi)
- Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Galleria (1.3 mi) – ask for Printpack rate
- Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria (1.3 mi)
- Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria (1.5 mi)
- Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Galleria (1.7 mi) – ask for Printpack rate
- Doubletree Suites Atlanta Galleria (1.8 mi) – ask for Printpack rate
You may also be interested in...
Environment, Health and SafetyThe mission of the EHS+ Committee is to provide leadership, guidance and support that will bring about continual improvement in worker safety, environmental and product regulatory performance in the plastics industry, while supporting the use of good science and public policy, and promoting and...
Worker Health and SafetyEvery day 954,000 workers, including engineers, technicians and machinists, head to plastics facilities around the world to produce products that play major roles in our modern life, from helping to preserve food to serving as the basis for medical devices that save lives. These highly skilled...
Environmental IssuesEvery state across the country is home to plastics manufacturers and establishments engaged in plastics processing, marketing, support and captive activities that collectively comprise one of the U.S.’s largest manufacturing sectors. From polymers to products, many of these facilities contribute to...
Product RegulatoryIn the U.S. and around the globe, chemicals management and product regulations impact businesses in the plastics industry as it strives to meet the needs of consumers by manufacturing the safest, strongest and most technologically advanced products and materials in the world. The Plastics Industry...