Development of Biobased Plastics Webinar
September 10, 2013
The SPI Bioplastics Council hosted a webinar which challenged the widely held perception that the biobased plastics industry is inextricably linked to and dependent on the emergence of a robust biorefining industry. The webinar:
- Addressed important differences between today's world v. years ago when the petrochemicals industry was linked to and dependent on a petroleum refining industry whose major target were fuels.
- Examined these differences from several angles and the implications which could have enabled biobased plastics to grow independently of biofuels.
- Addressed the concept that a commercially viable scale for biobased plastics can be much smaller than a commercially viable scale for biofuels.
- Discussed economic, societal and environmental challenges as the biobased plastics industry develops.
- Provided an overview of industry-driven efforts to navigate toward a future with a more sustainable biobased plastics industry.
View the white paper and press release here.
|| Tuesday, September 10
|| 11am - 12pm (ET)
|| Free for members
$299 for non-members
Click here to purchase the recording.