For more information, contact:
PLASTICS' membership team
Ready to join?
For membership details and applications, please contact the PLASTICS Membership Department.
Phone: (202) 974-5212
The Plastics Industry Association (PLASTICS) offers corporate memberships that allow all of your employees to participate in our activities and take advantage of our member benefits. Here are the types of memberships we offer:
Types of Memberships
This membership class includes manufacturers in the plastics supply chain, who have sales into the U.S. Full member sub-categories include:
- Material Supplier - Manufacturer of raw materials such as resins, fillers, stabilizers, pigments and other components.
- Equipment Manufacturer - Manufacturer of plastics equipment, machinery, tools, spare parts, and other components.
- Moldmaker - Manufacturer of plastic part molds and related components.
- Processor - Manufacturer of plastic products through injection molding, blow molding, thermoforming, extrusion, transfer molding, compression molding and other methods.
- Recycler/Material Supplier - Recycler who converts post-consumer or post-industrial plastics into resin pellets, flake, or other feedstocks used by processors.
- Recycler/Processor - Manufacturer of plastic products containing post-consumer or post-industrial recycled plastic.
- Brand Owner - Processor, purchaser or user of plastics as a raw material or in finished form as part of any product that is sold or marketed to commercial or retail markets in the U.S.
Associate members are companies that are a part of the plastics supply chain and have U.S. sales but are not manufacturers, as well as foreign-based manufacturers with no U.S. sales. Associate member sub-categories include:
- Purchaser – Purchaser of raw materials, equipment, molds, or plastics products for manufacturing components or resale.
- Distributor – Distributor of raw materials, equipment, molds, or plastics products.
- Manufacturer Representative or Sales Agent – Representative or sales agent for a manufacturer of raw materials, equipment, molds, or plastic products.
- Industrial Service Provider – Provider of industrial services (transportation, packaging, warehousing, etc.) to companies in the plastics supply chain.
- Retailer - Seller of plastic products or products containing plastic components or packaging directly to individuals.
- Foreign-Based Manufacturer – A manufacturer of raw materials, equipment, molds, or plastic products that has no U.S. sales and is not based in the U.S.
Publishers, researchers, consultants and any other corporation that devotes a significant portion of its business to the plastics industry can join PLASTICS as service providers. This includes but is not limited to banks, insurance agencies, software development companies, utilities and state economic development agencies, as well as individuals engaged in educational and governmental research or professional pursuits directly related to the development or use of plastics.