For More Information, Contact:
Vice President Technical and Industry Affairs
Fluoropolymers are plastic materials that have a variety of uses in flexible plastic applications, including as a highly durable coating for wires used to transmit data (internet, telecommunications, etc.), high performance gaskets and seals, nonstick applications and in a variety of military applications.
The Fluoropolymers Division represents Plastics Industry Association (PLASTICS) member companies that manufacture fluoropolymer resins or process, convert, compound or formulate fluoropolymers.
- Promotes the benefits of fluoropolymers to material suppliers and public opinion leaders.
- Works with local, state, federal and international regulatory bodies to retire the use of chemicals that science indicates pose a threat to consumers, workers and the environment.
- Conducts research and advocacy for public safety by promoting science-based building, electrical and fire codes and standards.
- Works extensively with the Environment Protection Agency to research issues concerning fluoropolymers and advocates for safe use worldwide.
- Keeps members apprised of industry developments.
Fluoropolymer Division Activities
- The Division holds one or two conferences each year convening with agencies and organizations that can guide the responsible use of these materials.
- Wire & Cable
The Wire and Cable Section has been instrumental in developing standards for safe use of power over LAN cabling, the Ethernet cable used worldwide in business and computer applications.