Rigid Plastic Packaging Group (RPPG)
For more information, contact:
Senior Director, Industry Affairs
Plastics account for one-third of the $700-billion global packaging industry, and much of this plastic packaging is rigid. The Plastics Industry Association (PLASTICS)’s Rigid Plastic Packaging Group (RPPG) represents suppliers, plastics processors, converters and brand owners that are part of the rigid plastic packaging supply chain that delivers products like plastic bottles, buckets and food containers to consumers and businesses every day.
RPPG brings together company representatives to:
- Discuss and exchange knowledge on new technology, resin innovations and packaging trends that impact the rigid plastic packaging industry.
- Communicate new innovations in rigid plastic packaging and its recycling and recovery.
- Act as a clearinghouse for information on advocacy efforts related to rigid plastic packaging recycling, recovery, and material de-selection initiatives.
- Formulate advocacy strategies and develop technical comments that promote the use of sound science and good public policy toward fair regulation of rigid plastic packaging.
- Provide networking opportunities throughout the year for companies that process or use rigid plastic packaging or sell resin, additives and equipment for the manufacture of rigid plastic packaging.
The RPPG meets twice a year in person—once in the spring, with brand owner speakers and an educational field trip, and once in the fall with educational webinars and advocacy discussions. Members and non-members from all segments of the industry are welcome to join the meetings for updates on technical issues, advocacy, recycling, recovery, resin pricing trends and economic updates.
Chairman: Arlite Plastics