1. Antitrust Reminders and Guidelines. Please click here to print or review all Antitrust Reminders and Guidelines. Group activities of competitors are inherently suspect under the antitrust laws. Many agreements and activities between and among competitors, however, are both legal and beneficial to society and the industry. All conversations, posts, comments, or other forms of communication in PLASTICS digital properties are governed by the same legal guidelines. It is expected that all representatives involved in PLASTICS activities, as well as PLASTICS consultants and meeting participants, will be sensitive to the legal issues involving trade associations and take all measures necessary to comply with U.S. antitrust laws and similar foreign competition laws.
Weather seriously or in jest, do not discuss or exchange information on any of the above mentioned PLASTICS properties regarding:
- Individual company prices, price changes, price differentials, pricing patterns or policies, discounts, allowances, credit terms, warranties, rebates or special financing, indemnification agreements, or other terms and conditions of sale affecting price.
- Industry pricing policies, price level, price changes, pricing procedures, profit margins or other data that bear on price.
- Individual company data on costs, production, capacity, inventory, sales, profit margins or other data that bear on price.
- Individual company plans concerning the design, production, distribution or marketing of particular products or product features, including possible or proposed customers or territories.
- Agreements with competitors to control or limit production, restrict or allocate exports or imports, control or limit product quality or research or allocate sales according to customers, territories or products.
Marketing procedures, including:
- Matters relating to dealing with actual or potential individual suppliers, customers, or competitors that might exclude them from the market;
- Territorial restrictions, allocations of customers, restrictions on types of products or any other kind of market division.
It is expected that all constituents of PLASTICS will act in the best interests of the association. Discussions at meetings or on PLASTICS digital properties and any documents or other materials that are produced or distributed are confidential. Details of meetings should not be published, disclosed to any third parties, or used except in support of official PLASTICS business. Naturally, member company representatives can share this with appropriate personnel within their own companies; when distributing within your companies, please remind the recipients of the confidential nature of the information.
- Personal Login Information. Certain features and areas of the Sites are available only with registration, login, such as PLASTICS Member record number, and/or a paid subscription. If you are required to register and select a unique login and password (“Personal Login Information”), you must keep your Personal Login Information confidential, including taking appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality, such as logging off and closing the Internet browser, especially when you are connected to the Internet through an unsecured network or when using a public computer. Your Personal Login Information is personal to you and you may not allow any third party to use it under any circumstances. PLASTICS is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft, misappropriation, disclosure, or unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information. You must contact PLASTICS immediately if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information, or otherwise wish to deactivate your Personal Login Information due to security concerns.
- User Obligations. You warrant that you will abide by, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the Sites and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the Sites by other users or with PLASTICS’ operation and management of the Sites. You will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, authorized, and complete information when submitting information or materials on the Sites, including, without limitation, information required to be provided through a PLASTICS Website registration form. If any false, inaccurate, untrue, unauthorized or incomplete information is submitted by you, PLASTICS reserves the right to terminate your access and use of the Sites. You warrant that you will not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, when using the Sites, or defame or otherwise harm any party through your use of the Sites.
In addition you also agree that you will not use our Services to:
(a) upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content, including through any attachments thereto, that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
(b) upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content, including through any attachments thereto, that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as, but not limited to, inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
(c) upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content, including through any attachments thereto, that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
(d) upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available, including through any attachments thereto, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
(e) upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available, including through any attachments thereto, any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; and
(f) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including any regulations having the force of law.
10. Proprietary Rights. The content of the Sites includes, without limitation, (i) PLASTICS’ trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification (collectively “PLASTICS’ Marks”); and (ii) information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases products, services, software applications and tools, text, images, photographs, audio and video material, including podcasts, and artwork, and (iii) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through the Sites (the items identified in subsections (i) (ii) and (iii) shall be collectively referred to herein as “PLASTICS’ Content”). PLASTICS’ Content is the property of PLASTICS, its licensors, sponsors, partners, advertisers, content providers or other third parties and is protected by law including, but not limited to, copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws, treaties and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any PLASTICS’ Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is prohibited unless express written consent is separately obtained from PLASTICS or the owner of such content if PLASTICS is not the owner. For reprints, contact PLASTICS. Any use of the PLASTICS’ Marks without PLASTICS’ express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in the PLASTICS’ Content, including any such notices appearing on any PLASTICS’ Content you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce from the Sites.
- Responsibility for Use of the Internet and Websites and Exclusion of Liability. Use of the Internet and the Sites is solely at your risk and is subject to, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. Unless expressly required by law, PLASTICS does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from the Sites over the Internet or other communication network. PLASTICS shall not be obligated to correct or update the Sites or the PLASTICS’ Content and shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information which may appear on the Sites.
- No Legal Advice and Disclaimer as to Accuracy of Information. The information on the Sites and PLASTICS’ Content are for informational purposes only, and is not legal advice or a substitute for legal counsel.
The information contained in the Sites and PLASTICS’ Content may or may not reflect the most current legal developments; accordingly, information on the Sites are not promised or guaranteed to be correct or complete, and should not be relied upon as such. As legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, nothing provided on the Sites or the PLASTICS’ Content should be used as a substitute for advice of competent counsel. The materials on the Sites and PLASTICS’ Content do not constitute legal advice and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of PLASTICS.
- Third Party Information. The Sites may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, press clippings, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of the Sites are those of the respective third party and not of PLASTICS or its affiliates. PLASTICS makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third party materials, information, services or products.
- Notice For Claims Of Intellectual Property Or Copyright Infringement; Agent For Notice Of Infringement. PLASTICS respects the intellectual property of others, and, particularly as to user generated content in comments, discussion boards or in other user contributed content, as applicable, we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide the PLASTICS’ Copyright Agent the following information:
(a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
(b) a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
(c) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
(d) your address, telephone number, and email address;
(e) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(f) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
The PLASTICS’ Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
Plastics Industry Association
Attn: General Counsel
1425 K Street NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20005
By phone: (202) 974-5271 or by email at [email protected]
- Advertisers. The Sites may contain advertisements. The inclusion of advertisements on the Site does not imply endorsement of the advertised products or services. PLASTICS shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the presence of such advertisements on the Sites. Further, PLASTICS shall not be responsible or liable for the statements or conduct of any third party advertisers appearing on the Sites. You shall be solely responsible for any correspondence or transactions you have with any third party advertisers.
- Links to Third Party Websites. The Sites may provide links (including any link through an on-line banner advertisement) to other sites on the Internet for your convenience. These other sites are maintained by third parties over which PLASTICS exercises no control. The appearance of any such third party links is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the Sites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- Links to Websites, Content, Sharing of Content. Links posted by third parties to the Sites and/or PLASTICS’ Content may not use the PLASTICS trademark or logo and shall not suggest that PLASTICS promotes or otherwise endorses any third party products, business relationships, services, causes, campaigns, Websites, content, or information. Any links to any portion of the Sites shall be the responsibility of the linking party. PLASTICS reserves the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates PLASTICS’ policies, rights or causes interruption or deterioration of PLASTICS’ Content.
Sharing of Content. You may download, copy or embed PLASTICS’ Content and other downloadable items displayed on the Sites for personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any PLASTICS’ Content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without prior written consent from PLASTICS, or the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice contained in the PLASTICS’ Content. PLASTICS reserves the right to require any party sharing PLASTICS’ Content to disable or remove the PLASTICS’ Content should its use violate PLASTICS’ policies, rights or causes interruption or deterioration of PLASTICS’ Content.
- Warranties Disclaimed. THE WEBSITES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” NEITHER PLASTICS, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, OR TRUSTEES NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, CONTRACTORS, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY “PLASTICS PARTIES”) PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SITES OR PLASTICS’ CONTENT, OR ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY YOU, ARE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR NON-INFRINGING; (ii) ACCESS TO THE SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (iv) PLASTICS’ CONTENT WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED OR ACCESSIBLE ON THE SITES. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
- Exclusion of and Limitation of Liability. PLASTICS PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, AND DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY, FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS OR DAMAGE, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH, AS A RESULT OF, OR ARISING (i) OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITES AND/OR ANY PLASTICS’ CONTENT; (ii) FROM ANY INTERRUPTION IN THE AVAILABILITY OF THE SITES AND/OR PLASTICS’ CONTENT; (iii) FROM ANY LOSS OF DATA AND/OR FROM ANY EQUIPMENT FAILURE; (iv) OUT OF THE PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE GOODS, CONTENT AND/OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED FROM THE SITES, OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO, THROUGH OR FROM THE SITES; (v) FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (vi) FROM STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITES; (vii) FROM ANY DELAY OR FAILURE OF THE SITES ARISING OUT OF CAUSES BEYOND PLASTICS’ CONTROL; (viii) OUT OF THE USE OF, REFERENCE TO, OR RELIANCE ON, PLASTICS’ CONTENT; (ix) OUT OF ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON, OR ACCESSED THROUGH, THE SITES (x) OUT OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, ACCURACY OF INFORMATION, AND/OR QUALITY OF THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR MATERIALS PROVIDED BY OR ADVERTISED ON THIRD PARTY WEBSITES; OR (xi) OUT OF ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITES OR PLASTICS’ CONTENT.
- Exclusions permitted by law. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN SECTIONS 17 AND 18 WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND PLASTICS’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Neither party consents or agrees to any arbitration on a class or representative basis, and the arbitrator shall have no authority to proceed with an arbitration on a class or representative basis. No arbitration will be consolidated with any other arbitration proceeding without the consent of all parties. Any claim or controversy as to the enforceability of this arbitration provision’s restriction on your right to participate in or pursue a class action or class-wide arbitration shall be brought only in the District of Columbia.
- Statute of Limitations. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the Sites must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
- PLASTICS provides opportunities for user interaction within its Sites and social media profiles on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and various blogging sites. On those social media profiles, content and links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the organizations, entities, views or content contained therein. PLASTICS is not responsible for content or links posted by others.
PLASTICS retains the right to remove any content for any reason, including but not limited to, content that it deems threatening, demeaning, profane, obscene, a violation of intellectual property rights or privacy laws, off-topic, commercial or promotion of organizations or programs, or otherwise injurious or illegal. PLASTICS also retains the right to ban or block a user from posting on PLASTICS social media profiles without notice for a pattern of inappropriate postings or as it deems necessary.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that PLASTICS may access, preserve and disclose your account information and the User Content you have posted by Users of the Services if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary in the sole opinion of PLASTICS to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOU; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Administrators, its Users and the public.
Revised December 2020.