The Fluoropolymers Division (FPD) represents Plastics Industry Association (PLASTICS) member companies that manufacture fluoropolymer resins or process, convert, compound or formulate fluoropolymers. The FPD received notices of upcoming related events as well as a bi-monthly PFAS Media, Legislative, and Regulatory Monitoring report.
THE LATEST: GUIDE TO THE SAFE HANDLING OF FLUOROPOLYMER RESIN, 5TH EDITION
Providing information on general guidelines for safely handling fluoropolymer resins in processing, the Guide To The Safe Handling of Fluoropolymer Resins, 5th Ed. was reviewed and launched by the Fluoropolymers Division. Download the Guide Now!
- Promotes the benefits of fluoropolymers to material suppliers and public opinion leaders through educational events and signing onto industry coalition letters explaining the necessary uses of fluoropolymers, etc.
- Works with local, state, federal and international regulatory bodies to retire the use of chemicals that science indicates pose a threat to consumers, workers, and the environment.
- Highlights innovations in the fluoropolymers industry through PLASTICS communications and during the annual Fluoropolymers Division Conference.
- Keeps members apprised of industry developments.
Fluoropolymer Division Activities
- The Division holds conferences each year, convening with agencies and organizations that can guide the responsible use of these materials.
- The Wire and Cable Committee is a subsection of the Fluoropolymers Division that focuses on safely and effectively using wires and cables.
The Annual Fluoropolymers Conference
Every year, the Division produces the Fluoropolymers Conference, which covers PFAS regulatory, economic, and market updates, as well as innovations relevant to the Fluoropolymer and broader PFAS industry. Learn more about the Fluoropolymers Division Conference and plan to join us!